Strengthen the commercial protection
of your brand.
What is a trademark?
A trademark, as one of several types of intellectual property protection, constitutes a sign that distinguishes the goods and services of one trader from those of others.
Benefits of registering
What you can and
What you will need to register a trademark.
To file a trademark application in Hong Kong, you will need:
Business Registration form or ID card of the trademark owner
- Applicant’s details including telephone number, email address, and correspondence address
- Graphic representation of the trademark in digital formats, such as JPG or PDF, together with the trademark words. The trademark must also include specified colours (in Pantone), if applicable.
Trademark registration process
to register trademark.
1. Conducting a comprehensive study or trademark search
Before we can file your application, we will study the existing trademarks in your industry and geographical area to make sure there are no conflicts. The final report includes the search and analysis of the registration probabilities of the given trademark.
2. Submitting the registration request
Next, we will prepare and submit your trademark application at the Trade Marks Registry, Intellectual Property Department, Government of the Hong Kong SAR.
3. Obtaining the registration certificate
Intellectual Property Department provide trademark registration in Hong Kong. They charge HK$2,000 application fee per class.
A straight forward case with no deficiencies in the application and no objections to the trademark can take as little as six months from receipt of application to registration.