Skip to main content

Tax advisory & planning
in Hong Kong.

If you are looking to optimise your taxes in Hong Kong or are planning to expand abroad, you will need a solid tax planning strategy. We are here to help.

Tax compliance services in Hong Kong

Reduce your taxes & boost business profitability.

Your tax system optimised

We can help to reduce your tax liabilities in Hong Kong by optimising your current tax structure. That includes peforming a tax health check for clients, identifying and mitigating tax inefficiencies and leaks, eliminating the risk of double taxation and more.

Identifying new opportunities

You may be unknowingly leaving money on the taxman’s table. Our tax experts will help you reclaim your profits by making the best of available tax concessions, cash repatriation and incentives systems.

Strategic tax planning

For those making significant transactions or dealing with business expansion to other emerging markets in Asia, our team can provide the necessary tax guidance for performing them tax-efficiently.
Corporate & personal tax advisory

Our tax advisory services.

Corporate tax.

  • Profits tax advisory

    Our tax advisors can examine transactions that your company is proposing and advise on the optimal way of executing it from the Hong Kong tax perspective. This includes advising you on restructuring your business models to strengthen the validity of the non-taxable income claim, making use of specific tax rules to lodge deduction claims on their capital expenditure and providing ways to minimise tax liabilities according to the tax law legally.

    Minimising withholding tax on foreign-sourced passive income

    Both individuals and corporations receiving passive income, such as interest income, dividend income, and royalty income from overseas companies may be subject to foreign withholding tax. They can apply there to use a lower withholding tax rate (or even zero withholding tax rate) if Hong Kong has a double tax treaty with the overseas jurisdiction in question. The application for relief to the foreign tax authority must be accompanied by a Certificate of Resident Status (COR) from the IRD, which confirms that the individual or corporation is a tax resident of Hong Kong. Our tax professionals are experienced in handling COR applications for clients and have successfully obtained a significant number of CORs already.

Single time- or project-based fee

Personal tax.

  • Personal tax advisory & planning

    In personal tax return preparation, we help identify the allowances and deductions you are entitled to and make sure they included in your returns in the most tax-efficient way. It includes:

    • Tax implications of all types on income and share incentives received
    • Structuring of remuneration packages in a tax-effective manner
    • Advice on objections and appeals to income tax assessments
Single fee

Common questions.

What is the corporate tax rate in Hong Kong?
The corporate tax rates regime in Hong Kong is two-tiered: for the first HK$2 million of assessable profits is 8.25%, assessable profits above HK$2 million will be subject to the rate of 16.5%, subject to specific conditions.
Is offshore income exempted in Hong Kong?
Only income sourced from Hong Kong is taxable. However, this is not automatically granted by the IRD. If a Hong Kong company fulfills the following requirements, it may choose to lodge an offshore claim when it files the profits tax return. IRD will then issue questions and the company has to reply with supporting documents. Once the offshore claim is successful, the profit is exempted from tax.
What is the VAT rate in Hong Kong?
There is no VAT in Hong Kong.
Does Hong Kong have a VAT refund?
Not applicable (doesn’t have VAT, so no refund either)
Ready to get started?

Make running your business in Hong Kong easier with our reliable tax services.

Non-binding & confidential
Not sure where to begin?

Schedule a free 30-minute discovery call
to discuss starting & managing your company
in Hong Kong.

Winnie Li, Director